• CMV (Cytomegalovirus) is a common virus that is harmless to most people but it can be very dangerous to unborn babies if a pregnant woman catches it for the first time.
• CMV is the most common birth disorder in the UK, causing a devastating range of physical, sensory and cognitive disabilities - around 900 children will be born in the UK every year with permanent disabilities as a result of the virus
• Despite being so common, very few professionals or pregnant women have heard of the virus or know about the simple hygiene precautions that can reduce the risk of catching it. This must change. CMV Action was set up in 2011 to raise awareness of CMV amongst these groups.
• We are holding our first awareness month in June. The aim is to get messages to pregnant women about the simple hygiene precautions that can prevent CMV and convince them about why they should change their behaviour. We have already tested the messages and images in a first draft leaflet to pregnant women. Our testing showed that some changes are needed and we now need to design a final version of the leaflet in time to print for June.
• One of the most important areas that we are looking for creative input is in finding the right images to use on the leaflet. The images in the first draft weren’t hard hitting enough. We do have some pictures of disabled children affected by CMV but would use stock photography if it works better in getting the messages across.
The target market for the leaflet is:
• Health service professionals who offer antenatal care or treat women hoping to become pregnant, especially midwives and GPs.
• Women who are pregnant or hoping to become pregnant.
The general design – guidelines:
1. Please use the CMV Action logo on the front page and the back page of the leaflet.
2. CMV Action’s colours should be dominant in the design theme of the brochure.
The design theme: (Please refer to past designs attached)
1. Use of colours in clean, organised design. It needs to be easy for the reader to follow
2. Design should combine friendliness with a serious tone.
3. As the leaflet may be stacked, the top 1/3 of the leaflet needs to give particular prominence to the message.
The design will include photos which will need to be sourced from a site such as iStockphoto including:
1. Please use a picture of a sick/unwell baby on front cover
2. Shots of women and babies
3. Image of the virus
4. Images of washing hands
Please refer to the file with the images we have already sourced.
The text of the leaflet has been thoroughly tested and final copy is attached.
1. Photographic images to be decided by 28th April
2. Mock layout and design will be submitted to CMV Action by 2nd May
3. Colour printouts must be proof-read, finalised and agreed by 9th May
4. Printers proof will be sent to CMV Action by 14th May
5. Full print run will be completed by 21st May
6. Delivery of the leaflet will take place 23rd May
Please provide a quote to design this leaflet. Please also provide examples of past work of relevance to this project.
- Final text (CMV Action General Awareness 15-04-14)
- List of previous stock photos sourced
- Previous design examples as pdf (these are all available as indesign files once project starts): (CMV leaflet options, CMV visual design 2)
- Feedback from user testing (testing_responses_next_steps)
CMV Action logo files and fonts will also be available when project starts
30 freelancerów złożyło ofertę na kwotę £323 do tego projektu
HI, Great designer is ready to do your leaflet . Just check my past work here: [login to view URL] And you will see why i`m the best for your project. thanks
I am working as an art director for one lifestyle magazine in Serbia. I have various experience with layout design for catalogs , brochures...and with promotional material such as leaflets.