C# lacks a cross-platform image metadata parser, and we need to fix that.
The excellent Metadata-extractor project is written in Java and is probably the easiest to automatically convert to C#. [url removed, login to view] It is less than 20K lines of code according to [url removed, login to view]
In fact, there is already an old (2011) port of Metadata-extractor to C#, which can be found here and used for reference: [url removed, login to view]
We have created a GitHub repository for the result here: [url removed, login to view] You must push your changes directly to the repository or create pull requests.
The older port can be found in the 'renaud' branch. Your changes should go into the 'new-conversion' branch.
The newly converted project should
1. Retain all documentation, comments, and tests from the java equivalent. License files and headers *MUST* be retained.
2. Use idiomatic, concise C# when possible, and the appropriate .NET types ([url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], etc) that correspond to the Java types. No external dependencies should be required.
3. Use XUnit or NUnit instead of JUnit, and include and pass all tests from the original project, both locally and on AppVeyor.
4. Support automatic documentation generation with Doxygen or docu as part of the [url removed, login to view] script/
5. Reflect the work done in the 'master' branch of metadata-extractor, as the official releases are far behind.
1. Use the existing sample-images repository at [url removed, login to view]
2. Use existing code portions from the 'renaud' branch as long as you add attribution in the header of each file and a note in the main LICENSE file.
An automated conversion is appreciated; if used, it is important that
1. Automated conversions are committed separately from manual corrects, and tagged as such. This allows us to re-run the conversion and reapply (rebase) the manual edits on top of the updated base source code.
2. The conversion process is fully documented (preferably scripted!), with details of versions and options used.
This project will be released under the Apache 2.0 license, and you will be recognized for your work (if you so choose). This is a significant resume booster.
24 freelancerów złożyło ofertę na kwotę $572 do tego projektu
I found it interesting to get paid for doing open source work :) also the fact that you care for the tests to be converted as well I would like to work on your project.
Hi we can convert the Java library into c#. Need some discussion on this topic from you. I hope we will talk soon. Thanks and Regards , Sheeraz Shah Datatude Technologies
I have 14 years of experience in software and web development. I am also engaged with research activities in cloud and data mining. i am sure that i can give you a good and effective site as you expect.