I have some files (one for each month) which I want to use in a MS Access DB.
- The csv file is a log file with entries every 5 minutes
- each month a new csv file is created, name: [yyyy_mm].csv
- The files needs to be imported on button click (manually) into one access table
- csv file has a timestamp (can be used as ID) and each column in csv file has a corresponding column in access table
- samples of csv files and Database will be provided
- for Use in MS Access 2016 and Windows 10
- no Use of separate files
On Button click:
- lookup last entry in access table (e.g. by using timestamp)
- check if csv file has new entries (=rows)
- if yes, only values of NEW entries need to be added to access table
- on month change, last month entries also need to be added to table first
- identify corresponding columns by name (not by order). If csv file has more or non corresponding columns, display msgbox
- change number format: csv is formatted english (decimal separator is "."), access is formatted german (decimal separator is ",")
- if a value in csv file is "NULL", import value in access needs to be "0"
23 freelancerów złożyło ofertę na średnią kwotę w wysokości €42 do tego projektu.
I have knowledge of MS Access and VBA. I will be able provide the solution as requested to upload the CSV into an access database with the conditions as stated. PM for more discussions on your requirements
I have sound experience (5+ years) in Excel/MS Access/Data Entry and Visual Basic for Applications development and ability to learn new task quickly. I am efficient and Trustworthy.
I just finished Access macro database few weeks ago. You can see my review to proof it. For your project I think will can be done in 2 or 3 days. Hope we will discuss further. Thanks.
i am a lead .Net software engineer and responsible for creating a web and desktop applications using different languages and technologies if u r interested just send me a message thank you and good luck