The project consist of 3 Android 2.1 sample applications.
TCP socket with battery testing (using Android 2.1)
- Develop a standalone application that opens a TCP connection/socket to a TCP server (see next bullet for TCP server details) and send a small amount of data every configurable amount of time. The mobile application prints the data it sends and prints the data it receives back from the server.
- The TCP server simply listens on a port and echoes back the packets it received from the client back to the client. It has simple debug output printing the packets it received from the client. The TCP serer should be *very* simple. (use any language to develop the server in)
- The mobile application will capture battery statistics in a CSV file format so we can determine battery drain on the device while the socket is open
- Run for 8 hours or until battery is dead while capturing battery statistics into a CSV file
- Simple UI to drive this has the following options
o Configurable number field - interval time to send data to server in milliseconds
o Configurable text field – string to send to server (80 characters max)
o Start/Stop button to start (open connection to server and send data on interval) and stop (close connection with server)
Microphone/speaker audio capture (using Android 2.1)
- Develop a standalone application which will capture microphone audio and play it out the speaker.
- This will likely cause an audio loop but that is ok. The goal is to demonstrate source code that has the microphone open and captures audio and at the same time has the speaker open and plays audio out the speaker.
- Goal, microphone and speaker should be open at the same time
- Simple UI to drive this has the following options:
o Start Microphone capture and save to file/Stop Microphone capture
o Start Microphone capture while playing captured audio out the speaker/Stop Microphone capture
Push Notification sample (using Android 2.1)
- Develop a sample application that prints out to the screen the string content received in a push notification from a server in the network
- When the application receives the push notification it should
o Display the string message and time of the message in a scrolling log on the mobile screen
- Develop a simple server application which will send a push notification message to the mobile client
- The server will have an options configurable:
o The text string to send to the client
o The interval to send the text string