Our Java desktop application "Private Coach" needs to be ported to a Web app. Currently it is based on:
- The application classes
- Our in-house Java 1.6, Swing driven framework
- Several 3rd party Java libraries such as log4j and freechart
- Apache Derby DB
The functionality shall be preserved for the most part. The GUI will be simplified over the desktop app (design and graphics will be provided, only minimal GUI design is required from the coder).
The source code will be provided to the successful bidder after signing an NDA.
The web app shall be:
- HTML5, Ajax, CSS based on the client side
- JSP driven on the server side
- Database negotiable, probably MySQL
- Working without restrictions on IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome
- Ideally caching data for offline use
The application can be downloaded at www.private-coach.com. Remember the GUI will be redesigned.
A detailed spec of the web app is currently being produced and will be provided soon.