[url removed, login to view] is a rapidly-growing, successful social network about food.? It has 500,000 members, 170,000+ recipes, and (very soon) a fully functional REST API.? We've got an iPhone app with 2 million downloads that lets users look up recipes, learn more about ingredients in a Food Glossary, and more.
We'd now like to release both an Android and a Blackberry client.? We're not Java developers by nature and due to time-constraints, we'd like to outsource these two relatively simple apps.
Application is focused on the home cook, and will let the user do the following:
* Search for recipes and page through the results
* Create a new (free) user account on our site
* Log in
* Look up ingredients and learn more about them
* Read their online grocery list
* Rate a recipe
* Create, retrieve, update, delete Online Favorites and Online Try Soons
* Add items to their grocery list, and/or delete them
All of the above is enabled with our REST-based API.? Since this is a consumer application, we would like a development shop with very good design aesthetics and knows a great deal about efficient consumption of a REST-based API on both Blackberry (J2ME) and Android (Java).
If you have an iPhone, please download our existing (free) iPhone App -- BigOven 160,000+ recipes -- to get a feel for what we'd like to see on the Blackberry and Android.
The API is not yet live, but documentation is attached.