We are a mid-size company selling and renting clothes and accessories for upcoming brides and grooms (for weddings). In our main shop, one can find a huge amount of wedding gowns (>1500 pcs), costumes and a lot of accessories, like shoes, underwear, jewels, etc. In the secondary shop, we present a limited collection of more prestigious, unique wedding gowns. There, we aim for a closer interaction with the customer and a more personal approach.
We currently have multiple domain names and 3 different websites: [url removed, login to view] (main shop), [url removed, login to view] (secondary shop) and [url removed, login to view] (wedding gown selection tool) that should be combined in a single website with online shop. Accessories could be bought online, wedding gowns shall be displayed as products without price, but with their properties, such that the user can search efficiently. Logged in users should be given the option to like their favorite products and make online appointments to try the dresses. Their favorite dresses should be visible by the administration, such that these can be prepared for the try session.
The new website should have following requirements:
1. General (user) requirements
- attractive layout
- Responsive, to be used on all platforms/devices
- Search function over all the site
- Let the users login using their own Facebook / Google account, or no login at all
- Logged in users should be able to save dresses, which our staff should be able to see, such that the dress can immediately be presented on the appointment.
- Users should be able to fill in their profile with custom fields, e.g. wedding date, location, partner, etc.
- Banners to promote events or Social networks
- Social network integration: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, …
- Contact form, where the results are sent to an e-mail address
- Reservation system (try a dress) preferably (but not necessary) compatible with Google Calendar. Fixed time slots. The available number of time slots varies every day, dependent on our staff occupancy. The profile completed with telephone and e-mail is required to be able to make reservations.
- Users should be able to view their appointments, sent contact forms and favorite dresses.
2. Performance requirements
- Fast site speed
- High search engine ranking
- Fast CMS
3. Technical requirements
- We own different domain names. Please, suggest how these can be used as a benefit.
- Appropriate redirects (301/302) for all existing pages to the new pages
- Sitemap for all pages, and images
- SEO optimised
- CMS should be one of the leading CMS systems: Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla
- Integration with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Mailchimp and (optionally) Google Calendar
4. Administrator requirements
- Easy to maintain, still fast with a high number of pictures
- Image library with easy upload functionality
- Automatic rescaling and thumbnail generation
- Preview before publication