THIS PROJECT REQUIRES WRITING 14 ARTICLES ABOUT LOCAL ATTRACTIONS, RESTAURANTS, BUSINESSES, THINGS TO DO, in Corinth, Mississippi.
These articles will be published HERE: [url removed, login to view]
You should read through this magazine, and the articles already published to get an idea of what we are looking for in your writing.
Please note that this is a professional, published piece of work - the article should reflect that.
I have attached the editorial calendar where you can access the topics and URLs to support your research on each topic. PLEASE NOTE: These URL's are a suggestion of research - many will require research across multiple sites/platforms. (ie; tripadvisor, google, yelp, etc.)
ONLY THE ARTICLES IN BLACK/BOLD NEED TO BE COMPLETED WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT.
These articles should be written from a first person tourism perspective. We love for the articles to sound like a "story" and less like an informative brochure. The articles are very short and can be fun to write - Corinth is a great travel destination for families.
Below are the guidelines for writing the Digital Magazine Articles we are requesting. Please note that in order to complete this assignment correctly, you will have to research each topic thoroughly.
· We need dynamic and engaging headers that will make people want to read the article.
· The content should follow the headline. Example: Farmers Markets. We should lead the article with the description of the different markets and then move on to talk about Cooley Farms. (example)
· Please tell a story.
· There should be an intro sentence or two. E.g. why are Farmers’ Markets fun and popular, what is fun about going to the Farmer's Market.
· End the article with a call of action or an interesting statement that ties everything together.
· Please feel free to add a link in the article if it will provide a reference or more relevant and interesting information.
· Please use italics for the name of restaurants, attractions, or businesses. I believe it will make it easier for the reader. Let me know if you think differently.
· Stating the obvious. Please remember the audience as well as the goals and objective of the articles. Example, when you write about “College Town” – give the visitors a reason on why they should want to go and visit the different campuses instead of a listing of the campuses. I hope this makes sense. (It will after you view the topics on the spreadsheet attached)