We are looking to set up an applesauce manufacturing facility to conform to EU standards.
- Daily production (finished product): 20 metric tonnes, targeted toward wholesale/foodservice market
- Facility to operate 20 hours a day, with 4 hours downtime for sanitation/maintenance
- Raw material is locally sourced whole apples, during the autumn harvest
- Equipment to sort, wash, etc. prepare apples for cooking
- Equipment/process for making applesauce
- Packaging options:
a) finished product to be pasteurized before packaging, then packaged in 2,5 kg pouches and frozen
b) finished product to be packaged in retortable pouches for shelf-stable storage
At present we are seeking a HIGH-LEVEL design spec (5 - 10 pages) to address required processing, packaging, and chilling equipment, physical plant (required facility size, HVAC capacity, etc), approximate (estimated) equipment costs, estimated energy consumption, etc.
We have had interest in both of the listed packaging options, so are interested in knowing more about pros/cons and approximate cost differential of both.
At this time we do not need exact costs or specific model numbers of equipment. We are looking for more of an executive summary, plus a process flow and perhaps a few recommendations of equipment manufacturers, vendors, etc.
This information needs to be presented in clear, concise language free of techno-babble or marketing jargon (tell me what it DOES and why it's important, not what it's "designed to do" or how "cutting-edge" it is)
Timeframe: would love to have this information by mid/end October, but have some flexibility.