The HandleBards ([url removed, login to view]) are looking for a graphic designer / illustrator to create various assets for our 2016 season.
Who are the HandleBards?
We are a theatre company. We tour Shakespeare around the UK, and the world, by bike. Our first three years have seen us visit most of the UK, as well as the Netherlands, Belgium, India and Zimbabwe. And we’re going to many more places in 2016. Up until now, we have been four men on four bikes. But 2016 will see us put a second troupe on the road - The HandleBardettes - an all-female troupe of cycling players. We believe that sleep can wait. We love to explore. We love to have fun.
This season also marks a shift in our overall marketing strategy, and so the hired designer / illustrator will be instrumental in helping us determine our new (on-going) look-and-feel.
What are the required deliverables?
1. A graphic identity for both HandleBard troupes. This will guide all on-going consumer-facing assets we produce.
2. A manifesto poster, utilising the above identity. We'll provide the actual manifesto.
3. An identity for each of the four shows we’re producing this year. Each show should feel part of the same family, but should also display its own personality.
4. A separate poster for each of these four shows.
5. Either a flyer for this year’s tour that encompasses both troupes’ tours, or two separate flyers - one for each tour.
6. Two tour programmes - one for each tour.
NB - As the ‘identities’ mentioned above will be adapted for a multitude of different specs (online banners, advertisements, PVC banners, t-shirts etc.), you will need to provide us with either open files or with high-resolution PNG files of all design assets.
Download a PDF of the brief, here: [url removed, login to view]
Timings: Most assets completed by 5th February.
Payment: Please provide a quotation.
Working Location: Flexible. Feel free to work from home.
Submission: Please send a short cover letter and portfolio link by 12pm on Monday 11th January.