We are looking for a web-developer to create a site for us.
The site data will come from a mysql database backend which will come from around 10 different sites via xml or rss feeds and pull the data into the mysql db backend for presentation to the front end. Part of the project is to get the xml feeds working and test them to make sure they are functional.
There will be no shopping cart functionality on this site.
The affiliate xml or rss feeds need to be scripted to happen each day for automatic updating for the products and sales. I would like to talk to the developer in detail about how to efficiently do this the best way.
We would like the developer to spend at least 32 hours per week on this site and to communicate per week via Skype on the progress.
1. The site will consist of a 3 column design
2. The site will be mobile friendly—we want a “best deal of the day” page/links for mobile users checking the site.
3. The site style should incorporate our corporate colors and logo.
4. A common navigation and search bar should be included on all pages. The navigation bar will include links to the home page, products list, about us, and contact details.
5. The site will be created in HTML5 using CSS3 external style sheets, and Java Script, Spry, where needed.
6. The site will use clean, small bandwidth-friendly images.
7. The site will use clean, table-less layout design.
LIST OF PAGES THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE DESIGN
1. Home Page--The home page will give visitors an overview of our services.
2. Products List--These pages will give an overview of each of our products that are being listed.
3. Products Detail Pages- For each product there will be one page. The page will provide a detailed summary and specification of the product including prices, photographs, and video. Each product page will have a link that will allow visitors to place an order on-line at the affiliate site.
4. About Us--Details about our company and personnel.
5. Contact Us--Full contact details including a map.
6. Site Map--A site map should be provided showing the structure of the site and linking to every page on the site. See Appendix
Backend data scraping and database Requirements:
1. The developer will setup and configure the site to use the xml data feeds that we can receive from our affiliate sites so that we can direct buyers to their sites.
2. The developer will setup and configure the api scripts to receive this xml data and then have the data placed in the MySql database backend in the proper tables/rows/columns. Then a script/program will be created to automatically populate the product html5/css3 containers on each page that are setup for this data on a daily basis.
3. If the affiliate code is not available, the developer will create the code.
- Clear command of written and spoken English.
- I want to communicate with the developer on a weekly basis via skype meetings between 9am and 6pm Pacific Time.
- Intermediate MySQL understanding.
- Experience with HTML5/CSS3 advanced topics.
-Experience with PHP and backend MySql Databases.
- Experience scripting with xml to APIs or RSS feeds.
- Experience with SEO--We are looking for a site that will rate high on google.
-Experience with optimization techniques.
- Experience with the use of social network SEO techniques (facebook, twitter and other sites) to direct traffic and improve the sites presence
- Examples of completed projects and contact info for your clients that must include an product showcase application.
- Previous odesk experience with superior customer feedback and test scores. A solid portfolio and contacts is also required.
We plan on administering the site via Dreamweaver
Only professional web designers need apply.
Please include any work you have done in the past, so we can look at what you have done.
Timing: We have a couple of months carved out to do this right. We would like to have the site up and online by April 1st.
Thank you and good luck bidding.