This project will deal with designing a database to manage sales for theaters. There are many participants in this database. There are customers who buy tickets to one or more shows. A show can take place at one or more theaters, at different times. Each theater has certain seats available in it(with different prices). For each show a customer can buyone or more seats in a given theater. The database should contain billng information about customers ae well, so that we can retrieve which tickets they bought, and what their balances are, and how much of it was paid.
1. Write SQL statements to create fully normalized tables based on the ER diagram.
2. Populate the database with information about three different theaters and three shows. Also put information about 10 showings.
3. Write a PL function called addCustomer that will accept as it parameters data about information about a cutomer, and insert it into a database.
4. Write a PL function that will accept as its parameters a customer is, a showing, and a seat request. It will purchase a ticket to that show for the cutomer telling him/her the price. If the seat is alraedy taken, it will inform the customer of this.
5. Write a SQL query that will allow someone to see which shows each customer purchased tickets for.
6. Write a PL program that will tell you how much revenue a giving showing is going to make ( total ticket sales). Be sure to define what parameters are required, and note this information in your submission of the project.
Below is the Er diagram for the database.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The database should be written in Oracle SQL. I run the program using oracle.